Well, there's a chance that John could get laid off work. Apparently, Heartland is talking about outsourcing the IT department. They have been talking with 4 different companies that are interested, and are actually having meetings with them so it sounds like they are pretty serious about doing this. Heartland is supposed to make a decision on if they are going to do this or not by the end of next week. John thinks that if they do choose to outsource the IT dept., they will have 6 weeks before the company takes over. I hope that is right so John will have some time to find another job.
John makes really good money right now though. We are pretty much living paycheck to paycheck the way it is. And John was really lucky to find a job in St. Joe paying so much. He would probably have to go to Kansas City to find a job making what he is making now, and that isn't even a guarantee. With the economy, jobs seem to be really hard to come by. Even the factories here in town have been laying off. Nobody is hiring. Even if John gets hired at places like Walmart or fast food, that is only minimum wage or a little more and we can't live off of that. We could go down to one car, get rid of cell phones, etc.... but still... I know we would have to move out of this house, which I love. I was hoping to just buy it someday, I know the owner is interested in selling. We would probably have to get a small apartment or something. The thought of John getting laid off just makes me sick. The stress of all this makes me feel like I'm drowning, like I can't breathe. Like I'm going to have an anxiety attack or something. Because I know that ANY job at all might be hard to get. I imagine us living in our car or something. And don't tell me not to worry until we find out for sure, because I'm gonna worry anyway.
On top of all of this, I'm worried about my kidneys/bladder/whatever.... As some of you know, I was told when I was little that I have 4 kidneys. I can't remember exactly what was going on, but I remember that the tube thingys (my mind went blank) leading to my kidneys didn't work right - they would pull the urine back up or something like that. I was on medication for a long time because of it and was told never to have caffeine (once I got older I ignored the caffeine thing though). Well, for a long time I've never really felt like I got my bladder empty when I peed (something I'm sure you all want to know). And I think it's getting worse. Lately at night, I pee right before I get in bed, then 10 minutes later I have to pee again. Then I lay down again and feel like I need to pee again. I can't sleep a whole night without having to get up to pee atleast once. During the day I'm ok - it's just something about laying down that makes me need to pee - I guess laying down puts more pressure on your bladder or something. Even when I just take a nap for an hour or two - I wake up having to pee really badly. So, like I said - I'm sure you all wanted to know all about my pee. I just felt the need to get it off my chest.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well I totally understand what you're going through with Heartland outsourching. That's how I lost my at-home medical transcription job! I absolutely loved that damn job and after 6-7 years it was ripped out from under me and given to a big company in Virginia who then outsourced my job to India. Gotta love America, huh?! I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes OK. I know what you mean about lack of jobs. My co-worker's husband is in his early 60s and just got laid off from his job. Of course he can't find a job and nobody wants to hire such an old person either.
Giving up cell phones, etc. is rough. I gave up my cell for 1 month and it damn near killed me! I don't know what this world is coming to with job losses and the economy. It's so scary.
You could have a kidney infection. That makes you pee a lot. But since you have other problems too that would cause me to be worried--especially since you drink caffeine and they told you in the past that you shouldn't. I know it's hard, but I'd at least try to cut down a bit. Drink lots of water to see if that helps anything.
Post a Comment