The other night, Dakota and I were laying in bed and we had this conversation. I had to write it down so I would never forget it - because I have an awful memory. It's just little things like this that make me happy to be a mommy...
Dakota: When I get bigger like daddy, I will sleep in this bed all by myself.
me: Where will mommy and daddy sleep?
Dakota: Daddy will have to get a new bed
me: You know, when you're big like daddy, you will find a girlfriend and if you love her you might marry her and she will be your wife. And then you guys will live together in a different house.
Dakota: In a different house???
me: yep
Dakota: Where will my wife sleep?
me: In your bed with you
Dakota: Yeah....Sometimes when Harvey gets a burned face, he says shut up...that's a bad word (He is talking about the new Batman movie here)
me: yep, that's not a very nice thing to say
a minute later...
Dakota: When I get big like daddy, and I have a wife, I'm going to buy stuff like clothes that fathers wear.
me: yep
Dakota: It's fun to marry wifes
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment