Wednesday, April 29, 2009

rain rain go away

We are already sick of the rain. On Saturday John went to the Nascar truck races in Kansas City - and it ended up getting rained out. They postponed it for Monday morning - so John went back to KC as soon as he got off work. Well, it rained again and they pushed back the time of the race to that afternoon. John wasn't able to go. We ended up getting a bunch of water in our basement - and it's a finished basement. The drain was clogged for awhile so we had standing water down there for a day or so. Then, John used a shop vac and was able to get most of the rest up. But it smells awful down there, and it's making the upstairs have a musty smell too. I hope it doesn't mold down there...uggg...it's always something...

On the flip side, I think it's safe for me to announce to the world that I'm going to be an aunt! I mean, I'm already an aunt from John's side of the family, but now I'm going to be a blood-related aunt! My youngest brother Michael and his girlfriend are pregnant. She's past the first trimester now - so I hope they don't mind me mentioning it - if so, it's too late!! ha ha...Anyway, it wasn't exactly planned. They are both really young - still in high school. I'm sure that they are scared out of their minds to be parents at such a young age. But there is no use dwelling on the negative stuff. I'm going to be an aunt!! And since me and Michael look so much alike, there is a possibility that my neice or nephew could resemble me. And I tried to tell them to use my middle name as the baby's middle name if it's a girl - I don't think I quite convinced them...But that's ok. Aunt Tishia will still be doing lots of spoiling even if they name the kid Gertrude. I've already bought it some clothes and they don't even know if it's a boy or a girl yet. I asked my other brother Ryan if he was excited about being an uncle. He just looked at me and said, "I already am". Oh. Right. He's an uncle to MY kids. I am sad to admit that I have many of these types of "blonde" moments. Speaking of blonde moments, John was saying something to his sister about a 7-11. She asked what that was, and me, thinking I'm all smart, told her it was an airplane. This is one of the reasons I just stay quiet when I'm around people - you wouldn't image the stuff floating around in my head!

Oh, and yesterday Dakota and I went to Walmart. I got a pair of sunglasses because mine got broken. It was hard to find a pair that wasn't the big - buggy - eyed - Paris Hilton kind. I'll never understand the trend of wearing sunglasses that take up half your face. But anyway, Dakota pointed to them and said, "Mommy, are those goggles????".....I'm just waiting for the day he says that to a girl actually wearing them! (oh, and if any of my friends or family wear those type of sunglasses - I'm sure that you look very cute in them!!)

No comments: