Sunday, April 12, 2009

blah, blah, blah...

We still don't have the truck situation settled yet. An adjuster came the other day to look at it. He opened the hood and said that it was a total loss. He said that just by looking at the main things - it would cost more than 10k to fix. He didn't even bother to add all the other stuff to that. He said that they would give us $7300 for it, but with the $500 deductible it would only be $6800. We still owe $7500 on it. John showed the guy some KBB printouts on the type of truck we have and asked if they could do better. It was obvious that John wasn't happy with what the guy was offering. So, the guy said he would check some more things and get back to John that evening or the next day. Still haven't heard anything. John has tried calling him and emailing him but no answer. Hopefully, we will hear something tomorrow. We found a van that we are interested in. We might call about it tomorrow. I once told myself that I would never get a van. I guess this confirms that I'm getting old. With John's job not being stable, I'm not sure I want to make a big purchase right now (I'm not sure what the asking price is for the van, but it books at only $4000). But, we will need another vehicle, especially by the time summer school starts for Dakota. John doesn't get home til around 10am and summer school starts at 7:30 am. Which is ridiculous - there should be a law against having to get up so early. Of course, I'm not a morning person. I'd rather sleep during the day and stay up at night....

So, to add to our bad luck streak - the drain for our washer is clogged or something. John tried calling the landlord yesterday but we haven't heard back yet. So, we can't wash any clothes at the moment. When we run the washer, the floor floods with water. About a month ago, the belt to the dryer broke and the stores around here didn't have dryer belts in stock. We had to order it online and couldn't dry clothes for a week. We ended up going to the laundry mat - which really sucks. Oh, and a couple of weeks ago our dishwasher got clogged. After I ran it, I didn't open it for a couple of days. When I did - oh man, did it stink. There was dirty water in the bottom of it and it totally stunk up our house. I have to admit, that this was probably my fault. One time, I saw a commercial on tv where a woman put a plate in the dishwasher with a whole cake on it. She ran the dishwasher and the plate came out sparkling clean. So, my thoughts were - if you can put a whole cake in the dishwasher, why even bother rinsing off any dishes that you put in there. Ummm...I guess that was a mistake. Luckily I have a loving husband that cleared all the food particles out of the drain... oh, and on top of that - our bathroom sink is leaking. It has been for a while but it keeps on getting worse. We keep a bucket under there, but now we have to dump the bucket daily. John never remembers to dump it, and I often forget. It sucks when you get up to go pee in the middle of the night and your bathroom floor is covered in water. Jeez, I'm waiting for our house to just collapse next. That would be the icing on the cake...

1 comment:

KoRnyBrad said...

after reading this and feeling bad all I can think is "Tishia's gonna drive a minivan!" lol It isn't as bad as you think.

After reading all your house problems I'd get on the landlord about them. Good thing your renting, hopefully they will work with you.

I do the same with the dishwasher. I'm sure I'll pay for it someday. Cara always complains, but she never does the dishes. =)