I knew that things couldn't be quiet around here for too long. I knew that sooner or later, something would happen for me to blog about. And it did! Just out of the blue, or truck decided that it wanted to catch on fire. We hadn't even driven it today. It was just sitting out in the street in front of our house. We were actually getting ready to leave - to go to a thing at Dakota's school. John put Mikayla in her carseat. I went around to the other side to put Dakota in - then I noticed some smoke. The fire must have just started. I looked underneath - by the drivers side front tire - and saw the fire. So, we hurried and got Mikayla out and ran up to the porch. I called 911. Of course, by the time the firefighters got there it did a lot of damage. They had to use crowbars to get the hood up. I'm sure it's totalled. I'm afraid that we owe more than what we're going to get out of it - but we will know more tomorrow. An adjuster is supposed to contact us tomorrow. At the very LEAST - we will have to pay the $500 deductible. I know that I shouldn't be looking at this so negatively. We were really lucky that we weren't driving somewhere when it caught on fire. But I was planning on that truck being our future home when John loses his job. Now we'll have to use the little car!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear about this happening to you. I am very glad that everyone is ok and I will keep your family in my prayers.
Post a Comment