Things seem to finally be coming together. The insurance guy only upped the amount they would give us for our truck an extra $200, but it's better than nothing. Then someone from the department who issues the checks called and said that they would mail us papers to sign, then they would get that taken care of. Also, someone finally called today about getting our truck towed so I think they are going to do that this week.
Today we went and test drove the mini van we've been looking at. It belongs to the bank - they had been using it as a company vehicle so it has been well taken care of. It is a 2001 Chevy Venture. The only drawback is that is has a bunch of miles on it. The value of it is $4,000 and we offered $3,000. They accepted it! They didn't even counter offer or anything. I don't think the guy really cared, since it belonged to the bank. It wasn't like it was his personal vehicle. Anyway, he said that he'd get the title probably on Wednesday, then we will do the paperwork. John's parents are getting us the loan - since our credit isn't great. They are going to loan us $3500 - an extra $500 for the deductible that we will owe toward getting the truck paid off. So, things seem to be going better and I'm not stressing out so much. Now, all I need is for Dakota to start playing soccer so I can get a "Soccer Mom" bumper sticker to put on the back- you know - to really complete the image :)
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment