Dakota has his first loose tooth! I think it seems a little early - he's only 5. But anyway, it's been loose for a couple of weeks or so. I think it's going to fall out any day now - and he is excited about that. He can't wait to start getting grown up teeth! But it makes me kind of sad...I like his cute little teeth. And Mikayla is still working on the potty thing. But now - she has graduated to the "big" potty. Honestly, it's getting a little annoying! She's always wanting to go sit on the potty - and then she will sit there for 10 seconds and be done. Half the time she thinks she needs to get completely undressed to try to go potty - and then 10 seconds later I have to get her dressed again. But when she wants to go, you can't tell her NO - because that might be the 1 time she actually needs to go! As annoying as it can be - I'm still really proud and amazed by her - she's not even 2!
Dakota has another appointment with his doctor today for his anxiety (and potty issues). Last time we were there - they faxed something to a specialist in Kansas City to get Dakota an appt with a Pediatric Urologist - but we never heard anything back. They faxed one again today so hopefully we will hear from them. Anyway, today his doctor actually looked at his pee pee to see if she could see anything visibly wrong with it. I told her that I have never noticed anything out of the ordinary. So anyway, she was looking at it and noticed that skin had fused together over part of his pee hole (ha ha I don't know what other term to put there). It covers atleast half of it so his hole is a lot smaller than it should be. I know this sounds like something that I should have noticed - but honestly - it's not noticeable unless you spread the end of his pee pee apart (ok - another phrase that I could probably be wording differently but don't know how!). I haven't inspected it that closely before. And like I know what size a typical little boy's pee hole is supposed to be! So anyway - when he sees a specialist they will probably cut the skin that is covering it. Ouch....I am going to feel so bad for him. But if it will make peeing in the potty easier for him than I guess it will be worth it. I just hope they put him to sleep or something!
Oh, and I forgot to blog about the court thing. John went to court on Christmas Eve - but our tenant wasn't there because she was in Drug Abuse Rehabilitation. The Judge said that they could have brought her to the court house so he didn't excuse her absence and ruled in our favor. Hopefully we will see SOME money out of this....
scrapkit by Kirsty available HERE
scrapkit by me available HERE
3 comments:
I love mommy talk. That is interesting about his conditon. I have never heard of that with a boy. I have issues with my ' same thing' when I was 4. I had to get surgery to fix it.
I love his cowboy hat. So cute!!!
Thanks for the update. I love keeping up with you.
that is me above.
Sounds like Dakota has penile adhesions. They'll make an incision to get the skin unstuck and then you'll just have to keep Vaseline on it and keep it pulled apart. You may have to do this quite a bit to make sure it doesn't grow back together. It may be a bit painful, but just keep Vaseline on it and that should help.
Savannah is trying to potty train herself too. She goes all of the time. She takes off her diaper and runs around naked all of the time after she pees and my sister has to run around after her to put it back on. They have a brand new house so if Savannah pees on the floor my sister will probably cry! LOL. I personally think it'd be funny.
Post a Comment