As you know, Dakota has his first loose tooth. Last night he fell and broke his lip open - and also hit that tooth so it is sooo close to falling out. I mean, it must be hanging on by a thread or something. (We later learned that he had been jumping on our bed and that is why he fell).
John and I were talking last night and I asked him how much the "tooth fairy" should leave. John said 50 cents. I said - "I used to get a dollar - and that was 20 years ago!". I'm guessing the going rate for the tooth fairy has gone up in the past 20 years. Heck, unless you have a dollar store in your town - it's about impossible for a kid to buy anything with a buck. So, what DO tooth fairies leave now days???
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
When my kids were all about the tooth fairy they got $3 a tooth. Inflation, lol
My youngest hasn't lost any yet so I haven't had to think about it but he will probably get the same.
The first tooth is always the hardest and I think that deserves a lot. My kids both got $5 for their first tooth. The price has gone down with every tooth. The second was about $3 and from then on it's been about $1. Plus the circumstances under which your Dakota lost the tooth was kinda bad so I think he definitely deserves quite a bit more than 50 cents. lol
Though it will be over the course of about a year or so, keep in mind that they are going to loose a total of eight teeth. We give a dollar and it has been a success so far. Our boys are savers and love putting stuff in their piggy banks regardless of the amount. Harley is still toothless with four gone all at once.
Post a Comment