Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas is over...

I can't believe Christmas is already over. It seems like you do so much leading up to Christmas - shopping, wrapping presents, putting the tree up, lights on the house, etc.... and it's all over in a day. It's kind of sad really. But I am looking forward to 2009. I'm really hoping it will be a better year for my whole family.

We went to Kansas City yesterday for the Hull Christmas. Afterwards we went to Cabelas. We just knew that Dakota would love all of the animal displays that they have there. Somehow, right off the bat, Dakota found the toy guns. He just about didn't care about anything else. He wanted to leave so we could get to the car and open his gun he bought with his Christmas money. Atleast Mikayla seemed to like the animals! It had started to snow while we were in Cabelas, so we ended up having a fun ride home. Usually a little bit of snow is no big deal, but apparently John's car needs new tires. There were several places where we were sliding and had no control over the car. The weird thing is that the roads didn't even look all that bad. We ended up doing like, 40 mph all the way home. That took awhile! About half way home I heard Mikayla talking and I thought her voice seemed really close to my ear - so I looked back and she was out of her carseat! She was smiling like she was proud of herself. I don't know how she figured out how to get out - and of all days - when we were sliding around. She is such a turd...

I have my first counselor appointment tomorrow, so that's what part of my Christmas money will go on. We will see how it goes if I decide to go back. Luckily, I have most of this week off from babysitting. I have had several days off this past week too. I have noticed that I am more happy and relaxed - not as irritable. The fatigue sure isn't any better though. John let me sleep for 12 hours last night - he got me up at noon today. Then around 3:00 I was so tired I had to take a nap so he let me sleep for a couple more hours. Now, it's midnight again and I'm ready to go to bed. It's pretty bad when you can't stay awake for just 12 hours. Especially when you've had 12 hours of sleep. No matter how many hours I sleep, I never wake up feeling refreshed. I always have to do all I can to drag myself out of bed and I'm sick of it. I just want to feel normal.

No comments: