I feel like I'm getting worse. I am hardly able to sleep at night. The past 2 nights have been the worst. Last night Dakota slept in bed with me and John. I was so uncomfortable that I couldn't get to sleep and eventually just went out to the couch at 2am. I would say that it probably took me about an hour after that to fall asleep. Then, at 3:30 Mikayla woke up crying. I brought her to the couch with me and tried to get her to go back to sleep with no luck. Finally, at 5 am I put her back in her crib and closed her door and let her cry. Luckily, she didn't cry too long before falling asleep. By that time, it was about time for the boy I babysit to show up (he comes at 5:30). After he fell asleep, I laid back down and was able to get a little bit of sleep. But I don't think that I've slept more than an hour straight at a time all week. I read that a symptom of Fibromyalgia is not being able to get to a certain stage of sleep. I've been hurting so bad everywhere - even my head. I get restless legs when I lay down... On Monday I called my Rheumatologist to get an earlier appointment - and they got me in for Wednesday of next week. This morning, I was so desperate that I called them hoping that maybe somebody had cancelled their appointment for today. No such luck though. I was so frustrated that I started bawling after that. I have already started to wean myself off of the Prednisone. I have read that one type of med to help with Fibromyalgia is something to boost your immune system - and I just happen to be taking something that suppresses your immune system....
I went to a doctor on Wednesday for the Paxil that my counselor recommended. While I was there I asked her about the ear pressure I've been having for months. I told her that a doctor had prescribed a nasal spray a while back that didn't help. She told me to try sudafed - she said that if I had some fluid built up in my ears that the sudafed should help dry it out. And she told me that under my eyes are black and blue like I have allergies. I'm guessing my eyes look like that from lack of sleep, but maybe the sudafed will help.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG girl....we ARE alike! I have been having this whooshing/heartbeat sound in my ear forever!!! Is that what yours is like? It's SO annoying! When we were at the hospital with my dad I even tried asking a nurse there what to do, but she wouldn't really give me any advice since I wasn't the patient.
I feel so bad for you not being able to sleep. Lack of sleep alone can cause muscle aches, fatigue, grouchiness, mood changes, etc. Hopefully they'll have some answers for you soon!
Good luck! I wish I lived closer to you and I'd take your kids every now and then to let you have a little bit of rest---or at least you could try to rest!
Post a Comment