Monday, January 26, 2009

surgery tomorrow

We took Dakota to see the specialist today in Kansas City. He said that Dakota has something called Meatal Stenosis (narrowing of the opening of the urethra). They went ahead and scheduled the surgery for tomorrow because there were a lot of cancellations due to the snow we are about to get (or supposed to get). They said that the procedure will be very short - it only lasts 5-7 minutes - and he will be asleep. He will also be able to come home after the surgery tomorrow. The doctor said to put Dakota in a warm bath the first couple of times that he needs to pee afterwards, and have him pee in the water. That is supposed to help the discomfort. I hope so! I am so nervous...

Also, we had to finally put our truck in the shop the other day. It cost over $300 to fix. I don't even remember what was wrong with it. When guys talk about car parts, all I hear is blah blah blah blah blah... might as well be another language. Wow, this year really isn't off to a great start yet...

3 comments:

Cindi said...

Aww I hope he feels better soon! They heal fast thankfully!

Anonymous said...

Alex had that done the same time he got circumcised when he was like 9 months old. I'm sure everything's going to be ok though, these kids now a days are stronger then we'll ever be.

Anonymous said...

Just remember that he may have penile adhesions after this and so you'll need to take Vaseline and then tear the opening back apart. I think he should be OK. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him though.