The surgery went really well today. Dakota was great through it all. In fact, the worst part of his day was when he woke up this morning and found out that he couldn't have chocolate milk (because of the surgery). That brought on a meltdown. Chocolate milk is an important part of his day! But after I calmed him down from that, he didn't cry the rest of the day. He wasn't even scared when John and I had to go back to the waiting room and they took him to the operating room. We're talking about my son here - the one who cries when a fly gets near him! So, I was so shocked that he was so brave about everything. When he woke up after surgery, the nurse said that Dakota's first words were "I had a good nap". Then he told the nurse that he was going to go home and watch John Wayne movies. When we got to go back to see him, he was sitting up drinking Sprite and eating gold fish crackers - just as happy as could be. And while we was eating, his loose tooth came out! So we will be getting a visit from the Tooth Fairy tonight - I don't think that I will have a problem getting him to go to bed!
After we got home, we put him in the bathtub and he peed in there and that didn't seem to hurt him at all. Then, just a little while ago he peed in the potty for the first time and it was kind of painful. I'm afraid I'm going to have trouble getting him to try to go pee again...
But anyway, I am really glad it's over with. I know it was a pretty minor surgery, but I had a lot of anxiety about him having anesthesia for the first time. I am so exhausted, I'm going to go to bed early!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad today went well. I agree about not having a problem getting him to sleep, after all the Tooth Faerie is coming tonight!! That's so cool!!!
Happy for all of you that this hurdle is over and he will be fine real soon. Patience with him and he will realize going to the bathroom wont always hurt like it does now. He has a great set of parents to watch over him!!!
My best to you all,
((huggs))
Cerese
Awesome! I thought about you guys all day today (well, in between napping since I was sick as shit). I'm super glad Dakota is OK and not in much pain.
Post a Comment