We went to Mozingo lake yesterday for a family get-together. It was hot! Mikayla was running around seeing what she could get into (and I think she was trying to lose me so she could run away), and Dakota was either freaking out about the flies, freaking out because he couldn't see me, oooorrrr....trying to eat leaves (trying to be a dinosaur). Afterwards, we went down to the beach for awhile. I wasn't planning on staying long - I didn't even really want to go. We didn't have bathing suits or towels or anything. But Dakota really wanted to go and most of my family went down there. I didn't think mikayla would like it at all because she is afraid of a big swimming pool. But she loved it! After about an hour, I finally convinced Dakota that it was time to go home to see if daddy was there yet. But now he keeps begging to go back! I will post some pictures once I get some extra time to get them uploaded...
This past week, Dakota had been going to vacation bible school with his cousins. Well, today the group of kids performed the songs they learned at 2 different churches. We went to the first church this morning, and Dakota refused to get up there with the rest of the kids. Even his cousins were there, and he was the only kid that wouldn't go up. The whole time he complained that he wanted to go back home. So, we didn't even bother going to the second church. We would have liked to see him perform, but I guess there will be other things we will (hopefully) get to see him do once school starts. Speaking of Dakota, we are getting him screened for anxiety issues. He is seeing a new doctor (one that doesn't take a month to get into), and I have a HUGE packet of info I have to fill out. I'll let you all know if I find anything out...
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment