Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What a week...

It's been a busy week! We think we've gotten the bug problem taken care of. For now anyway - we haven't seen any. In the past week: we got Dakota registered for school, I had a rheumatologist appointment in st. joe (went well - I don't have to go back for a year), went to John's cousins welcome home party in Kansas City (he just got back from Iraq), I got hired on at a new store, that same store then announced they were closing, and I got on with yet another store - this one I'm excited about. The grand opening is this Friday and there are a bunch of designers there!! You can check it out HERE. I've also finished a new scrapkit, got my kits uploaded to the new store, made a collaboration kit for the grand opening of the store, tested some psp scripts for another designer, made some ribbons, had to re-make all of my scrapkit previews because they all had the other stores logo on them, made some layouts for Kirsty's creative team, made some tags for my myspace design site and groups, and read 500+ emails (I'm in some groups for designers). All of that (and more) on top of babysitting, stuff around the house and keeping Mikayla out of trouble (which might be the hardest job of all) - who says stay at home moms don't work???

I also got the 2-hour paperwork done for Dakota's doctor (for his anxiety issues or whatever he has). We got that taken back to the dr. last week, and then they called me yesterday to set up an appointment. We're going in on the 27th - and the nurse said it would probably take atleast an hour for that type of appointment. So, I'm thinking that maybe they're thinking that maybe Dakota does have some issues. Then again, I could just be a paranoid mother - I'm sure that's what some people think. I know that Dakota gets his anxiety from me - but that's exactly why I want him to get treated. Because I know how it feels. You have no idea how hard of a time I had in school. I came close to dropping out of high school. Even now, almost 10 years later - I get a sinking feeling in my stomach at the end of every summer when I see school supplies hitting the shelves in stores. And I am so nervous for Dakota to start school. Sure - he's been to a preschool before - but at that school, half the kids had developmental problems. It wasn't a big deal that he didn't talk much or that he couldn't even draw a circle. I was never acedemically behind, I did pretty well in school. But for Dakota to be behind other kids his age, and also to have the anxiety (which is worse than mine) - it concerns me. I wish I would have had medication or something to lessen my anxiety when I was in school.

Anyway, here are some layouts I made with Kirsty's Blueberry Toast kit. I love it :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow my head is spinning!!! If I wrote all what I did.. I would be like you.. WORE OUT!
Glad your appointment went well!!
Can't believe school is starting !! crazy!
Much Love!