I'm kind of sad that tomorrow will be Dakota's first day of school. I'm thinking that it might effect me more than it will him though. As much as he is attached to me - he seems really excited about school. We've been in the classroom and met his teacher a couple of times. There are a lot of dinosaurs in the classroom that he loves. They also have some dress-up clothes for boys - like a doctor, firefighter, cop - he seems to really like those. He has such a big imagination and loves pretending to be someone (or something) he's not. Last night was back to school night. I thought we were going to get pulled over on the way there (and suprisingly not because of my speeding habit). A cop passed right by us and was majorly staring at our truck - about that time I looked back and Dakota was holding some sword thingy far out the window pointing at the cars driving by. And I wasn't on a very wide road. That cop must have kids (or he was busy)!
Mikayla is just as big of a handful as ever. She has kind of starting throwing temper tantrums. Sometimes when she gets mad about something - she will throw whatever it is she's holding and then fling herself on the ground and bawl. She can be such a drama queen! And she has learned a new word - "no". I'm not sure she understands the exact meaning of it though. She has been saying it to just about everything you ask her. She sounds super cute when she says it though!
Here are some pics of the kids:
This is Mikayla & a boy I babysit


Mikayla's new trick:

pretending to be sweet and innocent:

Isn't he so handsome???

strike a pose:

at mozingo:


2 comments:
You're super lucky that cop didn't stop you. Had that been me he woulda pulled me over in a heartbeat!
I LOVE that pic of Mikayla that is labeled Strike a Pose. It is SO beautiful!
Oh & I was a drama queen today too. I threw Shaun's phone at the wall and broke it. Oopsie! I must remember to take my pills! lol.
Post a Comment