Remember when I said yesterday that things could get worse? Well, they did (I guess it's good that I have a negative outlook so I don't get surprised). Anyway, when we first moved into our house that we are renting, we noticed quickly that there was a bit of a roach problem. We used bug foggers and roach hotels (even though our house IS a roach hotel), and we seemed to get rid of the problem. The past week or so, I had seen a couple of roaches. It freaked me out, but the ones I found were dead so I was ok with waiting until this Friday to use bug foggers again. I guess that was a mistake. When I was getting ready for bed last night, I saw a roach in our bed. Yes - in our bed. I went and got the bug spray (after I got done screaming), and sprayed it a lot. It stopped moving and I thought it was dead. After I put the bug spray up and came back - it was gone!!! That was the last straw - there is no way I was sleeping in that house. So, I packed mine and the kid's stuff up (John was working), and at 2am I drug the kids out and we went to the Super 8 Motel - it was the cheapest. But for some reason, they don't have any employees working after 11pm - they had a sign hangning on the door saying that you had to go over to the Comfort Inn to check in and get a key. Weird!!!! So, I finally got all that taken care of and got to the room. By then, the kids were wound up and had trouble getting to sleep. It was probably 4am before Mikayla and I fell asleep. Then, I had to wake up at 5am and call my friend Cindy - who I babysit for at 5:30 every morning - and told her what was going on. Then I went back to sleep and Mikayla got me up at 9. So, I didn't have a great night.
John met me at the hotel at 11am when he got off work. Then we went to the house and set off a ton of bug foggers and John sprayed all the baseboards with bug spray. We are leaving the house sealed shut until tomorrow - and are staying with my parents tonight. I really hope this helps. But as much as I love the house - it's going to take a long time for me to feel comfortable in there again - especially going to bed.... So, if anyone knows any other tricks on how to keep roaches away - let me know!!!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment