Monday, August 25, 2008

Glad this day is almost over

I am just so worn out today - I think I might actually have to go to bed super early for a change (kids permitting). John went to a Bruce Springsteen concert last night and it started pretty late. He didn't get home until 2-something this morning. I was still awake when he came to bed and then we talked for awhile. I still had trouble getting to sleep after that. I think we had a skunk spray close to outside our bedroom window. It smelled awful, and gave me an upset stomach and a headache. So I didn't end up getting to sleep until around 3:30 this morning. I get up a little after 5am for Skyler to get here - a boy I babysit. Normally, Skyler and I both go back to sleep until 8 or 9 am. But this morning I started babysitting my cousin's 2 children. They come a little after 6 so there wasn't any point in going back to sleep after Skyler got here. I was kind of hoping the kids would take a nap after they got here, but that wasn't the case. So, needless to say I have been exhausted all day! I am just going to have to force myself to be a morning person. Luckily, my cousin's little boy is about the same age as Dakota. They are both in the same preschool class so I take them to school together. It's nice that Dakota has somebody to play with. My cousin's little girl is only 4 months or so younger than Mikayla so I'm sure they will become good pals. Unfortunately for my cousin, I'm sure Mikayla will teach Emily a few new tricks!

Dakota and I went to the dentist right after school today. It was Dakota's first time ever. Our appointment was at the same time, and I thought they would do our cleanings in the same room - one right after another. But nope - they took Dakota to a different room and did ours at the same time. It was good that we got out of there quickly, but I was wanting to be in the room with Dakota to see how he did. Luckily - he was very brave (and that's not something I'm able to say very often)! He didn't get very scared and said that it kind of tickled when they cleaned his teeth. He was so proud of the new spongebob toothbrush, toothpaste, sticker, tatoo, and car that they gave him! Unfortunately for me - I had lost a filling and I have another one ready to come out so I have to go back in a couple of weeks to get drilled and filled. Oh, and I have a cavity too. So, that is something I'm not looking forward to...

Also, a couple of weeks ago I had to have my wedding ring cut off :( Partially because of gaining a lot of weight since the wedding and partially because of my arthritis. It would not come off for anything - and has been that way for a long time. I still have a ring around my finger from where it had been cutting in. The jeweler told me to just wait a week for the swelling to go down and then come back and they would size my finger and fix my ring. I think I'm gonna have to wait a little while longer. I feel so naked without my ring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel naked when I take off my ring too! That's too bad that the ring had to be cut off. I think I'd wanna cry. I think that when Shaun and I get married that I am going to make a pact to myself to NEVER take the ring off. I'll move it up my finger to clean it and stuff, but I doubt I actually ever take it off.

I absolutely hate that parents don't get to go back in the room with their kids at the dentist office. We go to the dentist in Cameron and he doesn't allow parents in the room. Parents MUST wait in the waiting room. The first time Dakota got his teeth filled I could hear him screaming. I sat in the waiting room and bawled my eyes out. I felt so helpless.