Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mikayla

Well, I took Mikayla to the dr. on Monday and the dr. didn't see anything wrong. She asked if Mikayla has had any infections, like a UTI and I said no. She didn't know why her urine would come out that way, so she said she would get us an appt. with a Pediatric Urologist in KC. Mikayla did wonderful by the way, she let the doctor look at her down there without freaking out. Anyway, the very next day Mikayla said that sometimes it hurts when she goes pee, and she said that it hurts when I wipe her down there with those flushable wipes. I called and left a message with the nurse about that, and on Thursday they had us come in to do a urine analysis. They were going to send it to the lab and have a culture done - I don't know how long that's supposed to take. I was hoping to hear something back yesterday but I didn't.

Mikayla is now calling us mom and dad instead of mommy and daddy. I don't want to be a mom yet, I still want to be a mommy. Dakota still calls me mommy. I don't know whats up with Mikayla, sometimes she acts like she's 12 instead of 3. One day after I was waking John up for work, Mikayla asked me if "John" was out of bed yet.

Katie's wedding is 6 weeks away. Next Sunday, I have to go to David's Bridal in KC and be fitted for my bridesmaid dress. I have to admit that I'm really nervous about being in the wedding. I got my shoes last weekend, and they have maybe a 1 inch heel on them. I was practicing walking around the house in them. Or maybe I should say that I was wobbling around the house in them. We went to a wedding not too long ago, and these pre-teen girls that were in the wedding were wearing heels twice the size of mine and they walked normally. I think somewhere in my development, I missed getting a feminine gene that I was supposed to get. I mean, I would rather wear mens t-shirts and I think my husband owns more shoes than I do. I missed the shoe-fetish gene that women are supposed to have. I hate spending time on myself, like doing my hair and makeup. Speaking of makeup, Karis Heflin - the lady doing our makeup for Katie's wedding - did our makeup last weekend to see what colors she was going to use the day of the wedding. I got home and my husband laughed at me. I guess it's a good thing that I'm married to a guy who hates makeup since I don't like wearing it all that much.

No comments: