Monday, August 9, 2010

Bad night

I really had one heck of a night last night. And of course, this stuff always happens when John isn't home. Anyway, it started off with Dakota smelling poopy. He's never really stopped doing that. It's not usually a lot at one time, but when it's left on his butt for awhile it leaves one heck of a rash. I suppose I can deal with the poop, he says that sometimes he can't tell when some of it comes out. What bothers me is the fact that he tries to hide it. He just won't tell us. He knows that the longer he leaves it on his butt, the more it's going to hurt and I don't understand why he doesn't want to get cleaned up right away. Anyway, last night I caught a whiff of him and told him to get in the bathroom. He immediately started bawling. I got him undressed and he refused to let me clean him up, which he has been doing a lot lately. I have to drag him down to the floor, put his legs up, and wipe him like a baby. If he would cooperate that would be one thing, but he screams and cries, clenches his butt together, pushes me away with his legs, yells "I don't want you".... His legs are extremely strong. He's getting stronger than I am. It's to the point where I am at a loss, I just don't know what to do anymore. It's almost impossible for me to do that on my own, and the day following our wrestling match I am usually pretty sore. Last night was the worst yet. While I was struggling with him, I looked back and Mikayla was sitting in the doorway of the bathroom, spitting on the floor. I'm thinking, What the heck??? I've never seen her spitting, let alone inside the house. So, I yell at her and she goes out to the other room. I finally make Dakota get in the bath tub. After awhile when everything came off, I had to drain that water, run new water and give him a regular bath. After I washed him up, I went out of the bathroom to get him some pajamas, and noticed the hallway walls. Mikayla had taken a black crayon and colored all over both walls in the hallway. I was just speechless for a minute. I'm glad that she didn't use a marker, and I know that we will be able to get the crayon off with one of those magic erasers. But I just could not believe she would do such a thing. She NEVER acts like that. I put her in time-out while I finished with Dakota. It was her very first time-out and she just sat there and cried. Later on when she was her happy self again, we were in the kitchen and she motioned to all the cabinets around her and said, "Well, atleast I didn't color on these", like that made her sound great or something. But we had a talk and I made it very clear that she was never to do that again or she would be in big trouble.

Last night before bed, I took Unisom. I usually take Tylenol PM but was told that it can make people feel groggy the next day, and was told to try this other stuff. Apparently, I should have first asked a doctor or pharmacist if it was ok to take with all the other meds I take. After it started working, I went to bed and slept like a baby. I even got 7 hours of sleep. But I had trouble getting out of bed this morning. In fact, my sis-in-law Katie had to call me because she was at the house to drop Cami off and the house was locked (I've been babysitting Cami this summer). So anyway, I just felt extremely exhausted the entire day and just couldn't seem to get it out of my system. Every muscle in my body was very weak. I couldn't even do anything but sit there like a zombie all day...I just felt drugged and useless. Now that it's night, I am feeling better - just in time for bed of course. I don't believe I will be taking that again.

Last week we called the dr. office about the results of Mikayla's urine sample. It came back normal so I don't know why she was saying that it hurt when she peed, but she seems to be doing better. She even now has a way that she can sit on the potty by herself and go pee without it coming up and out of the toilet. I think we will hold off on the urologist for awhile since she has been able to adapt well. Maybe this will be something she will grow out of.

No comments: