Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Orthodontist appt.

We went to St. Joe today for Dakota's orthodontist appt. With Dakota's 2 front teeth on top, one is still a tiny baby tooth while the other is a huge adult tooth. Usually these teeth fall out around the same time but Dakota's adult tooth is all the way grown in now and his baby tooth isn't even wiggly yet. So, the orthodontist took an x-ray, and it looks like Dakota's adult tooth (where the baby tooth is) is pretty high in the gums. There are actually 3 teeth this way on the top (the others are more towards the sides). Anyway, the orthodontist is having us see an oral surgeon because she thinks we need to have those baby teeth pulled to see if that will help the adult teeth come in. The one in front seems to be what concerns her the most. She said that on occasion, an adult tooth can just be stuck into the bone up there and never come down. Boys can't have a replacement tooth put in until they are 20 because it takes that long for their mouths to quit growing (and the teeth cost like, $4000 to have done so you only want to have to do it one time). I know that this isn't the most likely scenario, but I always worry about the worst scenario and I am picturing him going to high school and college lookin' like a hillbilly without a front tooth... Anyway, I got an appt. made with the oral surgeon for next Friday. And I have to go back to St. Joe tomorrow because it's time for my appt. with my rheumatologist. I do want to say though, that Dr. Boice - the orthodontist in St. Joe - is super nice and her office is really kid friendly. I would definitely recommend her.

I received a letter from Nodaway Valley Bank today letting me know that they don't currently have any positions open, but that they will keep my application for a year. That's pretty much what I expected. I looked online but the college and hospital don't really have any jobs either. I doubt I'll ever get on with the hospital anyway because the last interview I had, they lady that does the hiring asked me something about their motto (which is religious) and I pretty much stumbled over that one. I wasn't expecting it and I didn't know how to answer. I'm sure it was obvious that I wasn't religious and I'm sure she is. I haven't gotten an interview since. Oh well, enough about that. I was thinking that I should be a book editor. I was reading a book the other day and couldn't believe the amount of mistakes in it. Of course, the job would suck if you had to edit a really boring book, or a textbook...

The other day John went out back to mow the yard. Our mower is on our back porch. Anyway, John saw a beehive back there - and John is terrified of bees (probably because he is allergic). He started spraying the hive with bug spray, and a bat flew out. Needless to say, the yard didn't get mowed that day. He mowed the next day though - I was watching out the window and was laughing at how scared he looked to get the mower off the porch. I'm so mean. Not that I can say anything though, I'm not gonna go back there ever again. Forget mowing, I would have hired someone to come do it. I wonder how long a bat has been living on our porch with out us knowing. The bat was probably attracted to my nocturnal habits, or my vampire - pale skin. Or maybe I read too many vampire books...

No comments: