Friday, June 11, 2010

Oral surgery

Today we went to St. Joe for Dakota's appointment with the oral surgeon. It was crazy busy in there, and we were there for 1 1/2 hours. The dentist was extremely nice though, I was very pleased. He was really good with Dakota. His surgery is scheduled for June 22nd, and he is going to do it at the hospital instead of the office. This alarmed me a bit. I guess if it was some in-office procedure then it seemed more minor to me. But he wants to do it at the hospital because of Dakota's age and anxiety, they will have more options with anesthesia there. He will remove 3 baby teeth, and in the front he will make an incision in his gums to expose the adult tooth. This will hopefully help that tooth come in. You know me, I get paranoid about these sort of things so I'm a little stressed by it all. I'm also a little stressed money-wise. I had to pay $54 today because our insurance doesn't cover the consultation and we'll have to pay $200 before the surgery. Anyway, I think that's about it. I think this is the shortest blog I've written in a while.

No comments: