Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Random June stuff

Last Thursday I had to drive to St. Joe to my rheumatologist appt. Every time I drive out of town, my mind starts wandering to Alysia's wreck. It's been almost a year now, I don't know when driving out of town will quit bothering me. It's not good to be envisioning a wreck while you're driving.... But anyway, my appt. went good. All my joints look okay, and 3/4 of my pain is under control by my meds so I don't have to go back for 6 months. It was kind of weird having a medical student in the room while Dr. Bronson was looking at me. Good thing I didn't have to take my clothes off. This guy was my age, maybe even younger for all I know. I'm just not used to young doctors I guess so it was kind of weird having him feel my hands and all, but maybe I'm just weird. The doctor went ahead and ordered some blood work since I'm on so many meds. My veins are about impossible to find so the nurse had to use those noticeable veins on the underside of my wrist. She told me that she could hit the vein on the first time if she did it there, but it might take more than one try in the bend of my arm. I voted on hitting the vein the first time. It was a little more painful there, I think. And I have a pretty bruise to show for it. The next day the nurse called me with the results and everything looked normal, except for my potassium level being low. I'm just supposed to eat a banana every day or something. I guess my breakfast of champions just isn't champion enough.

We had a garage sale on Friday afternoon. I will just say that it was not worth the lousy $40 I made to sit in 97 degree humidity all day, a sunburn, a sore body, and a killer headache (not to mention marking everything, setting up, and taking down). Don't get me wrong, it was a good sale - a couple of others sold over $100 worth of stuff. By the end of the garage sale I had the worst headache ever. I felt like there was heat inside my head, like my brain was frying or something.

Anyway, with my birthday quickly approaching I though I would make a Top 10 list - David Letterman style.

The top 10 signs that you're getting old:

10. When the usefulness of a minivan outweighs driving something cool
9. you consider buying some of the lotions out there that are supposed to slow down the signs
of aging
8. you ask your little brother what is "hip" now days and he tells you that people don't use
that word anymore
7. your idea of a good time is staying home and reading
6. you tell your kids that you graduated high school in the 1900's
5. you need to use a pill organizer
4. you've never even heard of most popular bands these days
3. you start wondering if you could possibly be getting Alzheimer’s
2. you predict that your next surgery will be a joint replacement

and the #1 sign that you are getting old... (drum roll please)...

1. your grandma asks you for your advice on arthritis

No comments: