Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hard to let go

I was just looking at Alysia's myspace page. I've looked at her page every day since the wreck. I look at the 'last login' date, like I think it's going to change or something. But it stays at Aug. 18th - the day before she died, and it makes me sad all over again. And it's hard to login to myspace and see her face right there among all the other people on my friends list... Anyway, I was reading through her blogs and found the poem she wrote after Steve was killed. She had it read at Steve's funeral, and I wish that I would have had it read at hers too :(

Hard To Let Go

I'm thinking of the day,
When I got the phone call that told me you had passed away,
I knew that eventually I would have to say good-bye
I knew that I was going to cry,
I think that is what makes today such a hard day, every day I pray,
While I'm missing you
And I hope you're missing me too
For long I didn't see you,
But I was missing you
And wishing for you.
I'm now thinking how this could be,
Why is this happening?
How could this be?
As life goes on people grow old,
Life has mysterious paths,
Well I've been told.
What I don't get is that you weren't old,
And you had done nothing wrong.
Why is all this happening?
All we can do is hold on
Hold on to the memories,
That we had each day,
Just hold on and pray.
I love you uncle Steve
We'll never be apart,
You'll be forever with me,
In my mind and in my heart.
Soon we'll all be together,
You, dad, mom, and me
And until then I'll hold on to the memories,
And the missing will stop


-Alysia Roberts

No comments: