Last week, we got Dakota registered for Kindergarten. We got his class list, and he doesn't know ANYBODY in his class. None of the kids that were in his preschool class will be in his class this year. I tried to act like that was a good thing - that it will give him a chance to meet a bunch of new people and make new friends. Though, deep down I know that this will be soooo hard for him. He doesn't make friends easily. Kids have to approach him, it doesn't work the other way around. He is so much like me, and that's sad. I don't want him to ever feel lonely...
Last Thursday, I had my appointment with some lady from Voc Rehab. It didn't last long, she just had to fill out some papers about me. She said that I shouldn't have a problem being qualified for the program since I have 4 different issues going on. But sometimes there is a waiting list, they have a limited amount of funds. They pay for some people to get extra schooling so they will be more employable - stuff like that. At the very least, it will probably take 3-4 weeks to find out anything. They have to send for my medical records and review them. I have been pretty interested in graphic design, so that is my goal. It would be something that I could be good at, and I wouldn't have to deal with many people. John has a friend who gets to work from home doing that, and that's exactly what I want.
I had an appointment with my Rheumatologist yesterday. It was pretty much just a follow up visit to see how I'm doing with the Lyrica. He mentioned something about upping my dose, but wants to wait and see how things go with the psychologist/psycharatrist/whatever... They will probably be changing meds on me and he wants me to get used to that first.
Dakota starts school next Wednesday. It's hard to believe that the summer is almost over. It depresses me (even more so). I need to try and get us on a different sleeping schedule. It should be illegal for school to start before 9am. Anyway, I am already seeing Halloween stuff going up in stores. It won't be much longer and Christmas stuff will be going in stores. Better start saving $ now....
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment