Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby Grace

Grace Edwards was born on August 3rd. I don't know all the details, but she was born with numerous bone fractures/breaks. It was first thought that she had a very bad form of brittle bone disease. At that time, I think that the doctors thought that she would survive, but that she would have a hard road ahead of her. About a week later, the diagnosis was changed to Hypophosphatasia, and Grace was given 24-48 hours to live. Grace died on August 13th.

The funeral is tomorrow, and it will be tough. I've never been to a funeral for a child. I used to babysit Grace's big brother Kolton. He is about Mikayla's age. It is sad that he won't have any memories of his baby sister when he gets older. Anyway, if anyone has some extra money to donote, I'm sure The Edwards family would appreciate it. Between the hospital bills and funeral expenses, they will need all the help they can get. There is a fund set up at Mercantile Bank, but I don't know which one. Let me know if you do want to donate something, and I will make sure it gets to the right place.



No comments: