Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Some random stuff

We had a garage sale at our house on Saturday. Between us and some family members, we had a ton of crap!! It wasn't really a great day to have one though. Luckily, it wasn't raining for a change. But it was coooold. Especially for May. When we opened up, it was 48 degrees and windy - and it didn't warm up too much. Not a great day to be sitting outside for hours. It didn't seem like we had that great of a turnout, but I still sold $80 worth of stuff so it wasn't totally a worthless day. I'm sure I could have found more stuff but I ran out of time. I tend to put stuff off until the last minute. I was up til 2 am the night before finding stuff in the basement and marking it - and carrying box after box upstairs (and a big shelf). I thought I was going to pass out. Of course, that night of all nights was the night hubby went out so I didn't get any help. It seriously took me 2 days to recuperate from that. I find that with Fibromyalgia - if I do too much one day - then I'm gonna feel worse than usual the next few days. It sucks.

Anyway, my mom came over yesterday and planted flowers in my flower bed for me. I refuse to dig those holes - a worm might touch me. My sis-in-law Katie planted flowers for me last year for Mother's Day. I kept forgetting to water them and pretty much killed them all. I warned my mom about that but she insisted. She told me to buy petunias because they are a low maintenance flower and she didn't think I'd kill them (but now that I think of it - that might have been the kind that Katie planted for me last year). Dakota brought a plant home for me from school for Mother's Day. He decorated the cup and it's so sweet. I was determined not to forget to water it, so I have been keeping it by the kitchen sink. I think I have over-watered it and I have already killed half of it. The poor thing. I think that my brother Ryan probably got the green thumb gene from my mom - just like the cooking gene. Sometimes I think I was meant to be born a boy because I'm not good at girl stuff. Though I'm not good at boy stuff either. I'm just really not good at much of anything.... But it has been brought to my attention that I remind people of Eeyore so I'll stop my complaining before it continues, lol...

My brother Michael and his girlfriend had the ultrasound done today. I will be an aunt to a baby boy! He is due in October and I can't wait. I'm afraid this boy is gonna cost me a lot of money though. I've been looking at the kid issue of the Thirty-One catalog (the stuff that I'm selling now) - and I'm just imagining all the stuff I can buy and have his name personalized on, tee hee... Guess I better wait until they are 100% sure of the name! Oh, and I will be throwing Jami a baby shower, probably in August. So, those of you who are family should be expecting an invitation sometime. In fact, that Thirty-One catalog has some cute invitations that I can buy and customize.....

No comments: