Well, I don't suppose there is any reason to keep this a secret now. My parents have been going through some issues the past year, and now they are getting a divorce. I took my mom to the lawyer today to file for the divorce. I don't know where my dad will be living or how things are going to play out. This will take a lot of getting used to.
My uncle Steve made front page of the news today. Bet he never would have dreamed he would ever be so famous. His murder trial starts tomorrow. It's been over a year since he died. I don't know why these things have to take so long. And of course, the newspaper still isn't getting all the facts straight. What a surprise. Since all this is being brought back to everyone's attention again, I'm sure my aunts name will be dragged through the mud again. But she is going to testify. She has never been able to tell her side of the story to these people that accuse her of conspiring with the guy who killed Steve.
School will be out in 2 weeks. After this month, I have to quit babysitting. Dakota starts summer school June 1st. He has to be there at 7:30 am. John won't be home from work by the time I have to take Dakota to school. It's going to be bad enough having Mikayla be with me when I walk Dakota into the school - she is at the stage where she wants to be independent so badly. She doesn't want to be held - she wants to walk on her own (and try to take off). So, there is no way I am taking a group of kids with me. It just won't work. I don't know if we can really afford for me to quit babysitting though so I'm not sure what I'll do next. When Dakota starts summer school, he will be considered a Kindergartner, so we will no longer have to pay for school - yay! That will help. But this is the reason I have started to sell the Thirty-One products. I'm not a great salesman though. I am just so determined to be a stay-at-home mom. I have done the full-time job thing before - and then have to come home and make supper, baths, dishes, laundry, etc.... I basically had no time to spend with Dakota. I almost felt like the babysitter was raising him. I missed out on some of his "firsts". I refuse to go through that again. I have been thinking about getting a part time job - but I am really limited. Because of my arthritis and fibromyalgia, I cannot stand for long periods of time. I really don't know what to do. We still don't know about John's job. The hospital now is waiting until later on in the summer to decide if they will be outsourcing or not. So, we just get to worry for a longer amount of time about if John will be jobless. You know, I thought that 2008 was the worst year ever - but so far 2009 hasn't been that great either.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there kid, I won't say it'll get better but just remember there are people who care about you.
Post a Comment