Thursday, May 21, 2009

my doctor appt.

So I went to the doctor today about my foot. He thinks the pain is due to my shoes. He checked the sole out and said it was rock hard and that there was no cushion there at all. He told me that I need to replace my shoes every 6 months. I decided not to tell him that I've had my shoes for 3 years. And I wear them everyday. And they are cheap Walmart shoes too. He might have noticed that by the way they are falling apart on the inside though. Anyway, he told me to buy some new shoes soon, and he said that where the pain is on my foot is often where people get heel spurs. So, I don't know if I have those or not - you can only tell through an x-ray. He also went ahead and prescribed me some Lyrica, because my Fibromyalgia has been worse lately. He said that the first few days I start taking it, I will possibly feel dizzy and stupid. Like I need help in that department, lol..! Lyrica can also cause weight gain, which I'm not too happy about. I have already gained weight, which is a symptom of Fibromyalgia in itself, I don't need a medicine that will add to that. But I am anxious for the pain, the tingling, and the pin-prickly feelings to go away. Anyway, when I left - he told me to go by the checkout window. When I got up there, the lady said "Can I help you?" and my mind went blank. I blurted out, "uhhh, my name is Tishia and I don't remember what I'm supposed to do up here". Luckily, both ladies behind the counter got a good laugh and didn't look at me like I'm retarted. See, the medicine is working already and I haven't event taken it yet. The next few days I might become a recluse (even more so) and not leave the house or answer the phone. If I'm supposed to feel more stupid than I already do, I'm afraid that all I'll be able to say is "duuuuhhhhhh"....

But on the bright side, it's a relief to know that my foot pain isn't more of a serious issue. I tend to worry needlessly, and I imagine myself having entire body joint replacement surgery by the time I'm old. Since I was diagnosed with arthritis at such a young age, I'm afraid that any day now my joints are gonna start giving out on me. This is one of the reasons I'm afraid of getting older. It seems like time is going so fast, and in exactly one month I will be another year older. My husband might as well buy me a cane and dentures for my birthday! I feel like an old lady already...

But anyway, back to my story - so I went shoe shopping today. I don't think that excites me quite as much as it probably does most women. Like I said, I've had my current shoes for 3 years. I noticed that my feet have gotten bigger. Being pregnant can make your feet get bigger. I don't remember why or how, but it does happen. Obviously, I haven't bought new shoes since before I had Mikayla. My feet used to be an 8 or 8.5. After having Dakota, they were a 9. Now, they are a freakin' 10. I swear, I'm not having another kid or I will have to buy ski's to walk on. I feel like Big Foot. I went to the Shoe Carnival first. I'm kind of picky when it comes to shoes. I finally found a couple different pairs I liked, but didn't see my (huge) size. Embarrisingly, I had to ask an employee if they had any more sizes in the back. All 3 employees working were guys my age (or maybe younger), so that made it even more mortifying to me. The guy I asked just said "No, ma'am. What we have are out on the shelves". He called me ma'am. I must look old. How depressing... So, then I went to Payless and didn't see anything I liked in my size. I was tempted to just buy the first thing I found because my foot was hurting from walking. But the shoes they did have didn't have much cushion. I was determined not to buy some Dr. Scholls granny looking shoes. I finally found some at Kohl's. They are New Balance and were expensive (to me). They were $55. I've never in my life had shoes that expensive before. Is that pathetic? Seriously, I always buy something cheap from Payless or Wal-mart. Anytime I get any extra money, it usually goes towards something for my kids. I guess it's time I spoiled myself a little.

No comments: