Sunday, July 13, 2008

Feeling miserable...

I woke up this morning with my neck hurting very badly - I thought I had pulled something or slept wrong but it feels like whiplash. I can't even hold my head up - I feel like wearing a neck brace sounds like a good idea! After laying around and sleeping on and off most of the day - John got ahold of Vince - our chiropractor. He was nice enough to meet us at his office this evening to work on my neck. He says that I have torticollis - it is where you have a spasm in your neck that causes your head to lean to the side by your shoulder. He said that it is pretty common this time of year - when people turn off their air, open up their windows, and sleep with a fan blowing on them. And that's exactly what I did last night. weird... anyway, I'm supposed to recline/lay down the rest of the evening with a towel under my neck and I'm supposed to hold my neck as straight as possible - which is not possible! I must look like a freak.

John tried to get tonight off to help me with the kids - but the coworker he called never called him back of course. Luckily, John's sister Katie is watching the kids at the moment and my brother Michael is coming over soon to stay the night here. There is no way I could lift Mikayla. You use your neck muscles for more than you think you do! I am glad that John has a laptop - otherwise I would be reclining here dying of boredom (and going through computer withdrawal).

I also want to thank my sweet husband for everything he has done today. Basically, he had to take care of 3 kids by himself (including me). I haven't been able to do anything. John even tried brushing my hair for me. Such a sweetie. If you're reading this, I love you babe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tishia, I feel so bad that you are going through this! Thank God for laptops or you would be going crazy. Please keep me posted on how you are feeling!

Also, side note...I know you are currently at SAHM but I wasn't sure if you are interested in working or not. B/C I have a friend that works at the Social Security Office there in Maryville and there are two positions currently open. Awesome $$ and awesome benefits. Let me know if you are interested! I think I might apply :)