Monday, July 7, 2008

Allergies

Well, I think I now have allergies. I have never had them so I don't know why it would start now. Today has been the worst day so far - sneezing, watery eyes, runny nose, headache, ear pressure, and a light fever. I am just so tired and run down. I know nothing about allergies - is this something you go to the doctor for or just try some over the counter stuff? How can doctors tell what exactly you are allergic to??? It's kinda weird - this started shortly after I got that allergic reaction from that medication. Interesting... and speaking of medications - the whole reason I went off the Lexapro and tried the Zoloft was because I think the Lexapro is what has been making me tired all this time. After the reaction to Zoloft the doc said to wait until the reaction was gone and then we'd try a different route. So, last week I called the doctors office and I get a call back from the nurse on Friday. She said the doc said to double up on my Lexapro. If it already makes me tired, what is twice as much going to do??? I'm going to try it out and keep an open mind, but I'm sure I'll be giving the doctor another call! Anyway, if anyone is reading this - thanks for letting me complain!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never had allergies as a child, but once I had kids and hit adulthood I now have them. I've heard that the Midwest is a terrible place for allergies. Someone once told me that if we were to move to a different state (the person told me the state that they lived in, but right off the top of my head I don't remember it) that the allergies would go away. Hers did.

My advice for the allergies is to take some kind of antihistamine. But since your symptoms seem to indicate a sinus infection like I'm having right now you may need to go to the doctor and get antibiotics. They do wonders on the allergy symptoms. I wish I had insurance right now cuz that's what I'd be doing!

As for doubling your Lexapro I'm really wondering if there wasn't some miscommunication to your doctor. I don't understand why he'd want to double it if you're telling him it makes you tired. Just doesn't seem right. I think I'd call them back and make sure.

Amanda said...

Hi, you do not know me but I am a tagger on several groups with you. I did not do good with lexapro either I am on paxil and it works great for me. It actually gives me more energy and it is cheap $4 at walmart. Just thought I would let you know what works for me. :)

Kit said...

Hi hunnie,
You have been awarded check my blog for details
hugs
Kirsty
http://harryandtatesmum.blogspot.com/