With the holiday and Dakota's birthday, things have been a little hectic lately! We went to John's grandmas on Friday(the 4th) and had a birthday supper for Dakota with John's family. Dakota is just so easy to please, I just love that about him! He even seems happy when he opens a present that only has clothes in it! Later that night, we went to my grandma's house in Pickering. It bothers me a little to go there - because that's where Steve was stabbed. I know he didn't die there but to me that is where he was murdered. But anyway, on to lighter things... Dakota burned his finger on a sparkler. It wasn't really that bad of a burn, but you would have thought he was dying! He is just so dramatic about things. I am suprised that he even wanted to hold a sparkler because he is just so scared of everything. Then, the one time he does something "courageous" he gets hurt. I wonder how long it will take for him to do something else courageous???
Yesterday was an eventful day as well. We went to St. Joe to do some last minute birthday party shopping for Dakota. You know, while living in St. Joe we had gotten so used to doing things as a family and never leaving our kids with anyone that I didn't even think about seeing if one of his grandparents could watch Dakota while we went shopping for him. It wasn't really a big deal though. We just go into a store and look around - I pay attention to what Dakota really likes and then John takes him out to the truck. I "forget" about something I have to buy so I get it and meet them outside.
Dakota hasn't been feeling well for several days - he started out with a high fever. Then each day it decreased but his stomach pain seemed to increase. Yesterday evening/night it just got worse. He kept crying and couldn't sleep. At about midnight he actually AGREED for me to take him to the ER. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something serious. Turns out he was full of poop! I wondered that, but he had gone to the bathroom some so I wasn't sure if that was it or not. They took an xray of his stomach, and the doctor said that Dakota had massive amounts of poop and gas in his intestines. Like you all wanted to hear about that, right??? So anyway, they ended up giving him an enema, and then I took him into the bathroom. He started pooping and puking at the same time - fun to clean up! . And he was yelling so loud while he was going to the bathroom that I'm sure all of ER heard, lol... They probably thought I was beating him! But anyway, 2 hours later we were back home and he seems to be doing a lot better!
Today we had Dakota's birthday party here with my side of the family (He turns 5 tomorrow). My little boy is growing up too fast! He got tons of dinosaur things so he is very excited. He has been playing with his new toys all day/evening.
I better get to bed. Check out my design blog if you haven't lately. Click HERE.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well I'm not sure why, but I'm not getting notified of when you blog on here so I'm glad you had something about this blog on your myspace page.
Sorry to hear about Dakota and his pooping/puking. I know what he's going through. I usually just have diarrhea, but sometimes my IBS gives me constipation and I know that it's worse than the diarrhea! When I get constipated I do the same thing (puke AND poop). So now that all of your family is reading all about my poop I guess I'd better go!!!!
Post a Comment