It seems like it's been awhile since my last blog and it seems like a lot of stuff has happened since then. That liver ultrasound came back fine, I have nothing wrong. Then, I got highlights put in my hair. A day or two after that, Dakota started getting sick. On Sunday the 18th, I took him to the ER early that morning because he had a 105 temp. I was told he had the flu and to just alternate Tylenol and Motrin - not much else could be done. They didn't test to see which kind of flu, but I hear that most flu cases right now are H1N1 - especially if you're not throwing up or anything. We had Dakota out of school for a week and a half. He's just been having trouble getting back to his normal self. He hasn't ran a fever for a couple of days so we were planning on him going back to school today. He woke up crying at 5:30 this morning and said that his ear was hurting really badly and he couldn't even drink anything because it made his ear hurt. He reeeaallly wanted to go to school though so I let him since he didn't have a fever. My cousin Christine was able to get him in to see a dr. today around 11, so I picked Dakota up early and took him to his appointment. The doc said that he has an ear infection and some congestion in his bronchial tubes. He prescribed an antibiotic so hopefully Dakota will start feeling normal again soon!
Last week, my uncle's house caught on fire. It pretty much destroyed everything but luckily everyone got out ok. My family has had some really bad luck the past 2 years. I'm trying to have a more positive outlook on life though. When something bad happens, I just try to remind myself what I have to be greatful for. And if there is a God, He/She/It apparently thinks that my family needs to be reminded repeatedly what we have and to not take things for granted.
The best thing that has happened in a while is my newphew Adrian being born. He was born on the 22nd, and is such an ADORABLE baby! My brother's girlfriend Jami said that I could be in the delivery room when it was born. That was just amazing for me. I never got to see my kids be born. I was put to sleep when Dakota was born. And when Mikayla was born it was another c-section. This time I was awake, but I had this barrier thing between my face and stomach so I couldn't see anything. So anyway, I'm a really proud aunt and I even get to babysit after Jami goes back to school!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment