Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weight loss

Well, Dakota is sick again. Yesterday he threw up 5 times. He is feeling a little better today and only running a light fever, so I don't know if this is just some sort of 48 hour bug or what. I was afraid he was getting the flu again. Hopefully he will be fine by tomorrow.

A week or so ago, a had an appt. with my Rheumatologist. He prescribed me another kind of medicine for my pain. This one is called Plaquenil. One of the side effects is decreased appetite. I really hope I get that one! Maybe it will counteract my other med that increases appetite. Anyway, I joined a weight loss site called Spark People (www.sparkpeople.com). I think it's kind of like Weight Watchers, but this one is free. Everyday you enter what you eat/drink and it will calculate the calories, fat, carbs, etc... You don't realize how much crap is in the food you eat until you keep track of things. It is so easy to go over the amount of calories you're allowed in a day. Since I don't like rabbit food I'm having a tough time. I did cut down the amount of pop I drink to 1 can a day though. And I'm trying really hard to drink a lot of water. I'm kind of miserable really. But since I can't really work out, this is my only option to lose weight.

Anway, every year about this time, I always get asked what I want for Christmas - or what John wants, Dakota wants, Mikayla wants... My mind always goes blank though when I'm on the spot. So, we have made wish lists that you can check out if you want:

Mine:
http://www.kaboodle.com/tishia/tishias-wish-list.html

John:
http://www.kaboodle.com/tishia/johns-wish-list.html

Dakota:
http://www.kaboodle.com/tishia/dakotas-wish-list.html

Mikayla:
http://www.kaboodle.com/tishia/mikaylas-wish-list.html

I'll be updating these too as we think of more things :)

No comments: