Well, I actually have some good news for a change. I won $195 in a logo design contest! It has given me some confidence to enter more of these contests. Also, I started a new blog for advertising my logo "business" if you want to check it out. Click HERE. I've been working with the lady whom I made the winning logo for, and she asked me how much I would charge to design her business cards. Because I'm such a nice person (and because I was excited at winning a contest), I told her that I wouldn't charge her extra. She told me that she would pay me extra anyway!
I never did hear back on Mikayla's urine sample. Her yearly checkup is tomorrow though so I can ask about it then. Yesterday she started running a fever and was saying that her ears hurt. So it's a good thing she already has a doctors appointment!
I feel like this is going to be a bad winter - for 2 reasons. First, because of sickness reasons. I hear that the college here in town already has 2 possible cases of swine flu. It makes me want to home school Dakota. Anyway, I just have a bad feeling that my kids are gonna be constantly sick (or maybe that's just my paranoia or anxiety talking). And the second reason I think it's going to be a bad winter is because of the weather. It seemed like summer started late this year and it's ending early. In August we were having to wear jackets to take Dakota to school. And August should be one of the hottest months of the year. The leaves have been falling off the tree in our front yard for a while now. I think winter is going to come early, it's gonna suck, and it's going to be never ending. So much for global warming...
Oh yeah, how could I almost forget to blog about this??? I got a cat! John mentioned to a lady he works with about how I've been wanting to get a kitten. And she just so happened to have some! So, John got me a little black and white kitty, and I named her Bella (from Twilight of course). For some odd reason, she seems to like John the most. She just seems to love him and she wont leave him alone! She even tries cleaning his facial hair with her tongue. It's hilarious! And she likes to sit on his shoulder like she thinks she's a parrot or something. I have to admit that she's a little bit annoying. She likes to sleep with us (any of us), but she thinks she has to be up by our faces. Mikayla just LOVES the cat. She was soooo excited to get it. Unfortunately, she has a cold or something. She is constantly sneezing and coughing so I guess we will be taking her to the vet. Good thing I won that money...
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment