Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bad day

You know how I said that I had my first drug test ever on Friday? Well, today in group therapy I was pulled into the office and was told that I tested positive for marijuana. I'm sure the look on my face was priceless. I've never even tried marijuana or any other drug for that matter. Heck, I don't even drink or smoke. I can just see it now - my name in the newspaper with drug charges beside it. Ugggg..... I just freaked out and started bawling in the office. I don't like feeling like I'm being blamed for something I have never done. The nurse told me that she believed me and the program coordinator said that she didn't believe I was doing drugs either. But the nurse faxed my results to my doctors. I don't want ANYBODY thinking that I'm doing drugs and I'm kinda pissed. I don't know why I would have a false positive. She said that my blood work also showed elevated levels of liver enzymes. She said that it could be that way from me taking tylenol pm every night but she wasn't sure. She said that it could also be a result of having hepatitis. The weird thing, is that about 5 years ago I donated blood in St. Joe. I got a letter from the blood center saying that they could not accept my blood because it showed that I have hepatitis B. I knew there was no way. I'm not afraid to admit to the world that my husband is the only person I've ever slept with. And obviously I haven't been sharing needles, had a blood tranfusion, etc... I freaked out and called my doc for them to test me. That test came back negative. So I don't know what the heck is going on with me and my faulty tests. I'm supposed to check with my primary care physician and get my liver enzymes checked again, and also have another drug test done. I am just so scared it's gonna be positive again, and then how am I going to prove that I'm not a druggie???

No comments: