Friday was my second day of group therapy, and I had to show up an hour early again. This time was to get blood drawn and pee in a cup. They had a bunch of test they wanted to run, which required a lot of blood. My veins are pretty stubborn too. The lady taking my blood couldn't find my vein (in the regular place you get your blood drawn) - so she had to do it in the middle of my forearm. Then, after 2 1/2 vials the blood flow stopped. She had to keep pulling out of the vein and push back in in a different place. It was not fun. And now I have a giant bruise on my arm. The urine sample was for a drug test - I guess they wanted to make sure that my "craziness" wasn't because I was doing drugs. You know, in all my life I had never had a drug test done on me. What's that blue water for in the toilet anyway?
I think the weirdest thing about group therapy is the fact that they are all happy. They are kind of perky, in fact. It's reeeaaallllyyyy weird... I assumed that everyone there would be depressed and non-social (or yelling out random words at random times). These people talk non-stop. Apparently, I'm the only anti-social one. And the only non-perky one. When it was just me and this other guy in the room - he told me that if I didn't cheer up they weren't gonna let me out of there. I suppose it wouldn't do much good to tell them that the group bores me to the point of wanting to shoot myself (yes - that was a joke). I'm afraid that if I don't go back tomorrow, my doc won't give me any more refills on my meds. Speaking of meds....the people in my group suggested we make a "fruit salad" tomorrow. Apparently, that's where everyone brings all their meds and mixes them in a bowl together. Hmmm...maybe I SHOULD try a little bit of what they are having, ha ha...
Anyway, I got a letter in the mail yesterday from my insurance company. They said that they will only cover for me to have group therapy for 7 days. So luckily, I have a good excuse not to go back after this week!!!
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment