Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Eye doctor appointment

I had an appointment with the eye doctor today. I noticed that my eyes had suddenly gotten worse so in a way I was sort of looking forward to going. He said that my prescription glasses strength now is at a -7 and my contacts are at a -6.5 (if that means anything to anyone). Every year my eyes get a little worse. I told the dr. that I was afraid I would be completely blind someday. He told me not to worry, that my eyes should start leveling out soon. (that's what he told me a long time ago). He said that they make contacts that go way to -20 and he didn't think I would ever make it there. He said that he has 1 patient that wears -15 but that is really uncommon.

He also said that I have some blood vessels growing into my cornea's. I guess that happens when your eyes don't get enough oxygen. He said not to worry about it now, because it's just at the outside edges of my corneas so it's not effecting my vision. But over months or years, if those blood vessels cover the front part of my cornea, then it will really effect my vision and there is nothing you can do to undo it. So, he is ordering me some contacts that allow a lot of air to get through. I really hope they help.

No comments: