Thursday, February 12, 2009

appointments

On Tuesday, I had my 1st Fibromyalgia class in St. Joe. Apparently, the nurse who teaches it has to break it up between 4 different classes - and now I know why! She talked for over an hour, and I didn't learn all that much. She kept going off on stories and it just took a long time to get through the info. One interesting thing I learned is that Fibro patients have 3 times as much pain substance in the cerebral spinal fluid. It is nice to talk to somebody though who understands all the symptoms that go along with this. I don't know if I will be able to go to anymore classes though. Apparently, the hubby can't stay awake to watch the kids.

Yesterday I had an appointment with my counselor. For the first time I think I talked more than she did. I guess I had a bunch of stuff that was bothering me. She did give me a couple of "assignments" though. First of all, I am supposed to spend some time away from my kids. I need "me" time. She asked me what I'd like to do and I mentioned that I haven't been to a movie in years. We don't really do anything where our kids can't come with us. So, John and I are supposed to leave our kids with somebody and go to a movie. She also thinks that I need to quit babysitting. We will see. I just got hired on at another digital scrapbooking store, hopefully I can do well there!

I do think the Paxil is helping my pain a little. I wish it could do something for my fatigue. It's not helping my depression though, but I know it can take antidepressants awhile. I've been more depressed and stressed and irritable lately. I had such a good time in Branson though. It really helped getting away from the housework and not having to get up at 5 to babysit. I was able to let go of all of my stresses for a few days - it was so nice! I wish we could do trips like that more often!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't really know anything about the Fibro, other then people say how much pain they're in. I'm sure it's not fun in any way. But I'm sure you having some you time without kids could help tremendously. I can't tell you the last time we got to do something without Alexander. It really does suck & I'd love to go to the movies, espically one that isn't a cartoon. Also, if you're having alot of issues with depression & fatigue I think that either qutting babysitting or cutting back on as much as you do it may help you. At least until the meds really start helping you.