Dakota is finally making some progress with the peeing situation. Yesterday, for the first time ever, he went pee all by himself. We didn't have to help him at all. I've been working really hard with him. I know this all sounds crazy, I mean he is 5 years old. But you don't know how long of a journey this has been! He is quite proud of himself and I am very happy for him. Our next goal is to get him to go into the bathroom all by himself to pee - hopefully by next school year!
And speaking of making progress, I am starting to make progress with simplifying my life. I have been having a lot of stress lately and I have been more depressed. I don't know what I want. But I do know that I need to quit babysitting. John says that he has been worried about my mental health, lol... with my increase in depression I have also had an increase in irritability. Feeling very irritable and having extra kids running around does not go well together. And I can't sleep at night - and I'm having trouble getting up to my alarm at 5 am. I'm at the point to where if something doesn't change that I am going to have a mental breakdown or something. I am starting with cutting back on the amount of kids I babysit - and I may stop altogether. It's something I have been thinking about for awhile now. It has been a hard decision because I babysit for family, and I babysit for a friend of mine. I have always been the type of person that can't stand for anyone to be the slightest bit mad at me. If I'm not babysitting, I'll have more time to work on the digital scrapbooking kits that I make. I have actually been making some money at selling them. The more I make, the more I sell. And I enjoy it. Depending on how that goes - I may look for a job. Though we don't have a lot to choose from here. And John can't stay awake during the day so I'd have to find a babysitter for the kids. I don't know if it would really be worth it. Maybe next school year when Dakota is in school all day...
Oh, and cutting my hair has simplified my life too! For most of you, that sounds crazy I'm sure. For people with long curly hair - you might understand. Though, a lot of people haven't even acknowledged that I got my hair cut. Like they are pretending they haven't noticed that I got 11 inches chopped off my hair cuz they think it looks bad or something. Kinda makes a girl feel like she's been beaten with an ugly stick, ya know??? It's not that I feel the need to be showered with compliments but when you make a major change and 90 % of people don't even have anything good to say about it - it makes you feel ugly.
Well, the ice storm is over and we still have our power. We ventured out to Walmart tonight. It took John forever to even get the door to the truck open. He had to come back inside and get a big cup of hot water and a butter knife. Then, the truck had to be started for a million years to get the ice to start melting so it wouldn't be so hard to scrape off. Our snow covered yard was just covered in a sheet of ice - we had a heck of a time getting to the truck without falling. So, that was just loads of fun. And it doesn't sound like it will be melting soon. The cold front that is supposed to come tomorrow night is supposed to bring wind chills of -15 to -25 degrees (below zero!!!). I told John that I wasn't leaving the house at all on Sunday. Then we ran into my mom at Walmart and she invited us to lunch on Sunday so I couldn't resist. Time to find a parka.
And speaking of making progress, I am starting to make progress with simplifying my life. I have been having a lot of stress lately and I have been more depressed. I don't know what I want. But I do know that I need to quit babysitting. John says that he has been worried about my mental health, lol... with my increase in depression I have also had an increase in irritability. Feeling very irritable and having extra kids running around does not go well together. And I can't sleep at night - and I'm having trouble getting up to my alarm at 5 am. I'm at the point to where if something doesn't change that I am going to have a mental breakdown or something. I am starting with cutting back on the amount of kids I babysit - and I may stop altogether. It's something I have been thinking about for awhile now. It has been a hard decision because I babysit for family, and I babysit for a friend of mine. I have always been the type of person that can't stand for anyone to be the slightest bit mad at me. If I'm not babysitting, I'll have more time to work on the digital scrapbooking kits that I make. I have actually been making some money at selling them. The more I make, the more I sell. And I enjoy it. Depending on how that goes - I may look for a job. Though we don't have a lot to choose from here. And John can't stay awake during the day so I'd have to find a babysitter for the kids. I don't know if it would really be worth it. Maybe next school year when Dakota is in school all day...
Oh, and cutting my hair has simplified my life too! For most of you, that sounds crazy I'm sure. For people with long curly hair - you might understand. Though, a lot of people haven't even acknowledged that I got my hair cut. Like they are pretending they haven't noticed that I got 11 inches chopped off my hair cuz they think it looks bad or something. Kinda makes a girl feel like she's been beaten with an ugly stick, ya know??? It's not that I feel the need to be showered with compliments but when you make a major change and 90 % of people don't even have anything good to say about it - it makes you feel ugly.
Well, the ice storm is over and we still have our power. We ventured out to Walmart tonight. It took John forever to even get the door to the truck open. He had to come back inside and get a big cup of hot water and a butter knife. Then, the truck had to be started for a million years to get the ice to start melting so it wouldn't be so hard to scrape off. Our snow covered yard was just covered in a sheet of ice - we had a heck of a time getting to the truck without falling. So, that was just loads of fun. And it doesn't sound like it will be melting soon. The cold front that is supposed to come tomorrow night is supposed to bring wind chills of -15 to -25 degrees (below zero!!!). I told John that I wasn't leaving the house at all on Sunday. Then we ran into my mom at Walmart and she invited us to lunch on Sunday so I couldn't resist. Time to find a parka.
No comments:
Post a Comment