Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Spiders, eek...

Ya'll know how much I hate spiders, right?? Well, I've seen 5 in our house now in the past 2-3 days. Of couse, I'm the one that spotted them all. John was home to kill 2 of them but I had to put on my big girl panties and kill the other 3 by myself. It's like the spiders found out that it turned Fall on Monday so they are all trying to come inside. I remember in past years, that it seems like the spiders get really thick around October. They make huge long webs all over the outdoors. They are everywhere - attached to antennas on the cars, hanging from trees, floating through the air... it's like something from a horror movie. It's the one thing that makes me say "I can't wait until Winter". Does anyone else notice this?? Maybe it's just a midwest thing, I don't know... I remember one year, John and I were in the parking lot of the mall in St. Joe one night in October. There were thick giant webs - probably 15 foot long - hanging on all the lights in the parking lot. The lights were glistening off the webs so they were really noticeable. I imagine tarantula sized spiders making these webs...

Sometimes I think I must have been a horrible person in a past life so I'm being tortured in this one. I seem to have more bug encounters than the average person. So anyway, we were planning on using bug foggers when we went on vacation in a couple weeks - it's something I always like to do in October. But, I just cannot wait that long. So we are hoping to do it sometime this weekend. We need to find something to do for atleast 4+ hours. Then we get to come home and change all the bedding, wipe down everything, etc... Spiders are such a pain in my rear.

No comments: