Saturday, September 6, 2008

nasal stuff

I had a really bad cold a few weeks ago. It's better, but ever since then I have been having a lot of ear pressure, headaches, and stuff running down the back of my throat (with a really bad taste whenever I swallow anything). Basically, I have been feeling like I have a big glob of snot or something stuck way back in my airway. It's a good thing I'm married because I sure wouldn't have the guys lining up at my door to date me talking about this stuff. Anyway, yesterday the pressure in my ears got worse so I decided to call the doctor. Usually when I make an appointment you have to wait forever before you can get in to see someone. But they had me leave a message with the triage desk - they called me back and asked if I could be there in 15 minutes!

They got me in to see Dr. Wurm, and I was actually pretty impressed. Usually when I see a doctor, they try to cut it short. But Dr. Wurm was talking to me about things that I didn't even go in to see him about, like my arthritis. He was asking me how it was going and when I was diagnosed, etc... He told me that when I have flare ups (like I have been this week) that I can double up on my meds (I just have to watch for stomach irritation). My rheumatologist never even told me about that.

Anyway, back to the main point of this blog... Dr. Wurm said that my nasal passages are blocked (even though my nose isn't stuffed up). He said something about some fluid blocking my eustachian tubes and that's why I have been having ear pressure. He didn't think that I have an infection though, so he just prescribed some nasal spray to open my airways. He said it might take anywhere from 1 - 3 weeks for it to get better. Hopefully closer to 1 week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe...I <3 you snot and all.lol..I hope you feel better soon and get rid of the globbyness you have had in your head and throat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {{HUGS}}

Kara

Anonymous said...

((HUGGS))
I hope you feel better and take care of yourself!!!
Cerese

Anonymous said...

I have really bad sinus and allergy problems around this time of year so I definitely know what you're going through!!! Hope you get better soon!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear you have a back up of snot!

I think nasal sprays are the cure for everything now. I rely on that stuff all the time now!

Hope you start feeling better.