Gosh, I haven't even made any scrapbooking pages in a long time! I've been really busy with making scrapkits. I am now selling at 4 online stores! And I had another store invite me to sell at their store as well but I don't know if I will do that or not. It takes a lot of time uploading the kits to the different stores or getting them packaged up for the store owner to upload them. Every store has different requirement on what they want done and it does get confusing! But, my awesome myspace friend Kara - from waaay out east in Maryland - practically bought me a store, lol... She purchased a website and added a store feature (or something like that) for me to sell my kits in. She is making tutorials on the website. Check it out at www.faithfuldesignz.com (on the left side there is a link that says web store).
Last night John and I went to the Parent Advisory Council at Dakota's school. We had no idea what it was about...but we figured we were supposed to go since Dakota brought home papers for it. We even went early to make sure we could find a parking place - because it's for all the parents of all the grades (and there are 500 kids in the elementary school). There were only 30 people there at the most. I don't know why more parents don't come, it's actually interesting knowing what's going on in your child's school. Like with those box top labels - I've been collecting them but didn't know how important they really were. They said last year the school made over $5,000 with those. Our school was 3rd in the state. And because of that money, the students do not have to do any door to door sales to help raise money for the school. And I would like to keep it that way - so if you have any of those labels you're not collecting, send them my way!!
And speaking of Dakota's school, when I picked him up today and we were walking back to the car - we saw a dog. So out of nowhere, Dakota stops and hikes his leg up and says, "hey mommy, dogs poop like this!" I didn't even look around to see if anyone heard or saw. I was a little embarrased. But he always knows how to make me laugh. He is always so serious about things - he's not trying to be funny - and that's what makes it funnier. And speaking of embarrasing moments - the other day I went to the store by myself. I bought lots of stuff to drink - pop and tea for me, milk for Dakota, juice for Mikayla, and bottled water for John. I got up to the checkout and the cashier said "Wow, you've got a lot of liquids here". I wasn't even thinking and said "Yeah, my family drinks a lot". She paused and then said "I'm guessing you didn't mean that the way it sounded"... To those of you that know me - I'm sure you know how easily I get embarrased!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We collect those box tops too. They are worth 10 cents so I'm sure they add up quickly for the school. Be sure to save your Campbell Soup labels too!!! There are other labels you can save too, but off the top of my head I can't think of the names of the products. Darn it. I'll figure it out and get back to ya with the names of them.
Post a Comment