Wednesday, September 10, 2008

more dental fun!

So, after getting my fillings the other day, my bottom teeth kept hitting against the fillings on top (on both sides). I thought maybe it was something that I had to live with, but it was driving me so crazy that I called the dentist office yesterday and they said they could fix it. I went in this afternoon - they were able to squeeze me in at just about closing time. The dentist said that this was the first time in 5 years that this has happened to from someone at his office. He said he is always so careful to make sure that doesn't happen and he apologized to me. I thought maybe he would shave the filling down or something, but he shaved my bottom teeth down instead. That was kind of a weird experience. He didn't numb it - though I wouldn't say that it really hurt. It was kind of an annoying feeling - like when you have a really sensitive tooth and you drink something cold... And toward the end, it started smoking or something and smelled really bad!

But now, I have a tooth on the bottom (beside one of the ones he shaved down) that sticks up further than the ones beside it and it hits agains a tooth on the top that it didn't used to. That is an annoying feeling - it's almost giving me a toothache. So, I think I'm going to have to go back to the dentist. I'm going to be the most annoying patient!! I swear that sometimes I have the worst luck...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is Ouch and Ewww!

Anonymous said...

As dental assisting is my trade, I have to say..your dentist didnt get it right the first or the second time...WHAT THEY USUALLY do is take some "sand paper" for the mouth and make you gently gring it between your filling and your other teeth and that usually takes care of the problem, I cant believe that he took away from your natural tooth...? You better make sure he doesnt do that anymore, because as he grinds away your natural tooth, hes taking away enamel (sp) lol....and you can never get that back ;) Hope you get it taken care of asap.lol