Monday, September 8, 2008

dental fun

I went back to the dentist to have my fillings replaced. I don't know when it happened but one of my fillings came out and the other filling was about to come out. So, I had to get drilled and filled today. I was sooo nervous but the worst part was the shots. The dental assistant put some numbing cream on the outsides of my gums before the shot so that helped a lot - but she didn't do it on the inside of my gums. That was not an enjoyable experience. Once that was done, the worst was over. The rest didn't hurt a bit. But I had decay under where my fillings were so he had to drill pretty far. He said they were really deep. Luckily though, when I was done my mouth wasn't so numbed up that I couldn't talk and I didn't have drool running down my chin :) I was so nervous that I peed before I left the house, and peed once I got there, and I had to pee again when it was over, ha ha...

The annoying thing is that I can feel a difference in my teeth now when I bite down. I feel like I can't bite down all the way - it feels like there is something hard in my teeth. I mean, I KNOW there is something hard in my teeth - but it's just hard to explain. You wouldn't think you would notice fillings, I don't remember noticing them the first go around. I hope I get used to this!!

No comments: