Monday, June 20, 2011

On the mend

Today was my appt. with the physical therapy department for my foot. Yesterday, my foot finally started feeling a little bit better and today I'd say it's 50% better. The physical therapist looked at my foot and noticed a big difference between the two. My right foot (the one I sprained) is basically flat footed. My arch is pretty much non-existent when I stand. He also said that my foot pronates, which I guess means it sort of rolls toward the inside when I stand or walk. He said that I must have stretched my foot ligaments hard for it to do that. Apparently, he has never seen feet that are pronated so differently from one another as much as mine are. Leave it to me to be the oddball. I have arch supports for my shoes now, and I was given exercises to do that should help fix my arch and strengthen my foot and ankle muscles.

Dakota is feeling better now. On Saturday morning, I took him to the walk in clinic because he woke up sounding awful. He had a horrible barking cough, a sore throat, a rash on his chest, and he was kind of having trouble breathing. They were positive it was strep, so he had to have another strep test done but it was negative. I don't think the dr. really knew what was wrong and just had me get Dakota some Allegra D. On Sunday, Dakota had a light fever and he said that it hurt if he took too deep of breaths - so I was worrying a bit about that. He woke up today much better. Besides for a little bit of a cough, he seems fine. This morning was his follow up with Dr. Watson for the whole pooping issue. I woke up late. Apparently, the alarm on my phone will only let me push the snooze button so many times before it just shuts the alarm off. oops. Luckily, I woke up when Dakota woke up to use the bathroom - 15 minutes before the appointment. We were only 10 minutes late though. Not too bad for having to get me and the kids ready. They did another x-ray of his abdomen and said that we got Dakota all cleaned out. Jeez, I'd hope so. We ended up having to give him Exlax over the weekend. He had to wear an overnight all weekend long because he kept going in his pants. Poor guy was so embarrassed, and it caused him a lot of stomach cramps. Now starts the bowel retraining program. No, I have no idea what's involved. Dr. Watson was supposed to have this thing all written up for us by today's appointment but she forgot or didn't have time or whatever. She said she would do it later and call me so I could pick it up. Hopefully she remembers...

No comments: