Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June stuff

I feel like a lot has happened the past week or so. Too many dr. appointments actually. On Wednesday I had to have my yearly girly appt. Fun stuff! I got to get naked in a 60 degree room and then be sexually assaulted. I swear, sometimes it really sucks being a girl. The doc did tell me though that she could tell that I had my kids by c-section. She said there was no way any baby was coming out of me with the way my pelvis is shaped. I thought that was interesting - I don't think I've ever been told that before... Oh, and it seems I'm lacking in the estrogen department. One of the effects of low estrogen is headaches - not a day goes by that I don't have one so maybe it will help. Low estrogen can also cause fatigue, depression, joint pain, hmmm...I wonder how long I've been low. Anyway, she gave me a birth control pill with higher estrogen. I wonder if more estrogen will make me more girly or something...

Then on Thursday I had an appt. with my Rheumatologist. They have decided to start me on Cymbalta - which is supposed to help with depression/anxiety AND body pain - and take me off Wellbutrin. I hope it helps. I've been having more pain lately. They also did bloodwork. They had to do it in my hand since my veins are impossible to find. They called me yesterday and said I'm really low in Vitamin D. I just lack everything, huh? Apparently, I'm so low that I can't just take over the counter vitamin D (which is around 2000 I.U. for max strength). I have to take one 50,000 I.U. pill per week for 12 weeks (which seems a little excessive to me). After the three months, then I should be able to start taking the over-the-counter ones. I guess my avoidance of milk and sunlight is catching up to me. I just can't stand the thought of drinking something that came out of a cows tit.

On Friday, I took my birthday money and went and got a tattoo. I've wanted one for a long time, but didn't know if I could handle the pain. I started thinking... you know what? I'm in pain every day of my life. I've went through having my placenta ripped from my uterus after it was too deeply attached (placenta accreta) - which was 10 times worse than any pain I've ever had. I've recovered from 2 c-sections (which hurt like hell), tailbone surgery, and various other things. I decided that I could handle it. And ya know what? It wasn't that bad. I'd compare it to maybe the pain level of having contractions. It was a breeze compared to some of the things I've been through, and I didn't even flinch. I was very proud of myself for growing some balls and just doing it. I think the worst part of the whole tattoo thing is right now - I'm guessing this is the healing part. It tingles, it itches, it feels like bugs crawling on my back and I keep involuntary shivering. Or convulsing. Or something. It's been giving me the heebie jeebies for 2 days straight now. But I love the tattoo. It's the artwork of Suzanne Woolcott - I've been a fan of her for years. The girls she paints are called Gorjuss - which is why my tattoo says Gorjuss on it. I have Suzanne Woolcott as a friend on facebook so I asked her beforehand if it would be ok for the tattoo artist to use her artwork. She was very flattered actually :)


1 comment:

KoRnyBrad said...

You may of just given me the confidence I needed to get a tatt. I was afraid of the pain, of course of me it would be tattooing bone. =)