Friday, June 17, 2011

Examiner

On Tuesday (I think), I took Mikayla to the doctor because she told me her throat hurt. She hadn't been eating or drinking much at all that day, but she waits until about 5pm to tell me that her throat had been hurting. Thank gawd the doctors office has a walk-in clinic. The nurse swabbed the back of Mikayla's throat. She was very unhappy about that, but didn't cry or anything. When asked if Dakota's throat hurt, he said “Almost, but not quite”. So, they decided to test him too. When they swabbed this throat, he freaked out. He cried and cried and cried... he said it hurt really bad, lol... He is so dramatic. Mikayla was positive for strep, Dakota was negative. They gave Mikayla a shot on her butt, and of course she cried about that. She's been complaining ever since that her “tushy” hurts. Poor thing. It's been hurting her to walk.


Speaking of Dakota being dramatic... When we were in Branson, the kids got air-brush tattoos (they wanted to be like daddy). Dakota went first. It only took a minute, but the whole time Dakota was complaining about how painful it was, lol... Mikayla went next and when she was done she said that it didn't hurt.


I went back to the doctor yesterday for a follow up visit on my foot. When I stand barefoot on a flat surface, you can definitely see that my arch has fallen. I read somewhere that foot injuries can cause your arch to fall. I also have a dent in the top of my foot. Also, my foot pops whenever I walk. The doctor (well, nurse practitioner) acted like he didn't know what to do. He just said to see what they say when I go to physical therapy next week, and he gave me a brace for my foot. It has a lot more support to it than the one I was using that I got from Walmart. It really helps the pain when I walk.


I am now a writer for the Examiner – Kansas City edition. It's not really a big deal or anything, it's just a website and people have a certain topic that they write about. I got the topic of books, woohoo. I don't think it's something I will make a whole lot of money doing, but anything is better than nothing. You get paid by the number of page views – so please people, make sure to visit my page everyday! You don't have to read the articles, just open them up. Most of the articles I post are just going to be reviews and author interviews that I already post on my book blogging site. Here's the link:


http://www.examiner.com/books-in-kansas-city/tishia-mackey


Speaking of books, I've gotten a cool request. As I've mentioned before, I get a lot of book review requests. Not by super-famous authors, but still it's cool. Anyway, there is this one author that has this series out that I really like. I've read and reviewed the first 3 and I really like them. She just got done writing the 4th book in the series, and she asked me to be one of the people that writes a sentence or two to have on the back cover of her book! You know, those sentences on books where reviewers say something to recommend the book...Anyway, I really like reviewing books. I get free e-books and I'm often one of the first to read a book that the author just got done writing.

No comments: