Want to hear about the dumb thing I did yesterday? Of course you do... After I woke up yesterday morning, I walked over to the other side of the bed to shut the fan off. Now, I must mention that this is John's side of the bed and the floor over there is usually an obstacle course. Mikayla was hollering for me, so I tried to quickly walk over there to shut off the fan. I tripped on John's weights, then tried to catch myself with my other foot but my ankle gave out on me and I fell and hit my chin on the nightstand and hit my arm on something else (who knows what). I thought I broke my toe, it hurt so bad. It's not broke, but it's bruised. My chin is bruised, but not badly. It feels worse than it looks - it even hurts to eat or yawn. I also have a big bruise on my arm, it's really sore and maybe a little swollen. Both shoulder muscles and upper arm muscles are sore - it hurts to raise my arms. Oh, and my ankle is a little sore but not bad. On top of that, it was a rainy, crappy day so my arthritis and fibromyalgia were flaring up and my whole body was aching. I pretty much felt like I got hit by a truck.
I've been having trouble sleeping lately. I've been taking tylenol pm for a long time but the normal dosage just isn't doing it for me anymore. I have trouble staying asleep too once I finally get to sleep. Awhile back, Dr. Butt had me on Klonopin which I took along with the tylenol pm and it was great! Then, he took me off of it after awhile because you can become dependent on it. I had trouble sleeping again and it seemed like the longer I was off of it, the more I had trouble sleeping. I still had a refill left so I started taking it again (I know, I know - I'm so bad). I love that stuff and I do think my body has become dependent on it. As soon as I started taking it, I started gaining weight so after awhile I stopped taking it again (I'm sure that's life's way of punishing me for taking it when I wasn't supposed to). I didn't have another refill left anyway. I had a bad headache for 2 days straight after I stopped taking it and I wonder if that's related. Anyway, now I'm taking 3 tylenol pm and it's working ok. It's past time for me to have another appt. with Dr. Butt. I have anxiety about going there. The last time I was there, they gave me an appt. card for my next appointment. I put it in my purse and wouldn't look at it. I know that's strange but if I could make myself forget about it, then I wouldn't stress myself about it. So, of course I missed my last appointment. They never call you to remind you like most dr. offices do. So, now I'm stressing about calling them. If I don't go back then I won't get my meds so it's not like I really have a choice. But I don't know what to say... "Ummm...I forgot about my last appointment...that was over a month ago...so I need to reschedule". Most people would have noticed sooner that they forgot about their appointment. But, I'm sure they are used to dealing with strange people... Oh, and no - that's not the first time I've "forgotten" an appointment there.
Anyway, that Children's Hospital in Omaha called me yesterday and said that they scheduled Dakota's MRI for May 23rd. They could have gotten him in sooner, but it takes awhile to hear back from the insurance company to see if they will cover gene testing. They are going to do blood work on Dakota when they put him to sleep for the MRI. So, I got to thinking - why are they doing gene testing? Maybe I'm thinking too much into this, but now I'm kind of offended - like they think Dakota got his...uhhh...weirdness...from me. It kind of reminds me of the time a chiropractor asked me if I was dropped on my head as a baby...
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Damn girl. Tell John to pick his shit up! LOL. Don't need u getting hurt!
I work at a dr's office and you'd be amazed how much time goes by and then the patient will call to reschedule a missed appt. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If they want your business then they'll accept your excuse.
Gene testing, huh? Hmmmm......that is crazy and I wouldn't know what in the world to think about that!!
Thanks Laura! I think I'm just going to avoid John's side of the room from now on, lol...
Post a Comment