Ok, so I'm sure that anyone reading this knows what a book nerd I am. I read all the time, do reviews for authors, etc... Another book reviewer was having a contest on her blog to win a book by Gena Showalter - who is a famous author. Anyway, I won the book and the girl told me that she would give my info to the author. Well, I got the book in the mail the other day, and not only did the author autograph the book - she even personalized it! And she even spelled my name right!!! Woohoo, this might be the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me! Seriously, I'm more excited about this than I would be excited about getting an autograph from an actor or the president or whatever... She even included book "swag" like a postcard and bookmarks.
Last week, when we went to that open house thing at the library (the thing for parents that have kids with special needs) - I signed up for a drawing to win a book about Autism. The next day they called me and told me I won! It's almost scary that I am having good luck all of a sudden. I'm just waiting for the bad luck that's waiting for me behind the next corner...
Anyway, the other day the kids and I went to a garage sale at the legion. They had this thing where you could fill up a bag for $5. There were so many people there it was crazy. Anyway, Dakota was begging me for some black outfit type thing so I finally just told him to put it in the bag - I was ready to go. It ended up being a woman's black dress that buttons up the front. Even after telling him that it's a woman's dress, he still wants to wear it. He pretends that it's a black trench coat type thing that The Undertaker wears. I told him that he's not allowed to wear that thing out of the house, lol... You should have seen John's reply when I texted him and told him that Dakota bought a dress, ha ha... ::sigh:: I just keep reminding myself that my son isn't wearing a dress because he wants to be a girl...
Earlier out of the blue, Dakota said, "Mikayla hasn't grown a pee pee yet, has she?" I tried to explain to him that boys and girls are different, though I thought we had already had this conversation at some point. Then Dakota wanted to know how girls pee so I tried to explain that to him. After I told him, he said "Well, that's no fun". Kids definitely make life more interesting!
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket!!!!
Post a Comment