Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Random Ramblings

It seems like I've been so busy lately I can hardly keep up. On Sunday we had to make a trip to St. Joe for some special kind of paper I need for my art class and also some paper to make my aunt's wedding invitations. We took some of the kid's outgrown clothes to Once Upon a Child down there. I didn't know how late in the day they took clothes to buy, so we went there first. The girl told me that it would be an hour before they could get through everything. We just hung out there for the hour. The kids were having fun playing in the play area and I was having fun looking at the kids clothes. Don't ask me why, but I love shopping for my kids more than I love shopping for myself. After about an hour, I went up to pay for the stuff I was getting and asked if they had gone through the stuff we brought yet and of course - they forgot. Ugh.... There was less than an hour until they closed at that point and I told them that we lived out of town and I didn't want to have to come back. The manager on duty seemed annoyed but said she would go ahead and go through the stuff. We were tired of waiting so we said we'd be back and drove around for a little bit. We didn't really have time to go any place else and get back to Once Upon a Child before they closed. We went back to pay for the stuff I got (which they held for me) and to get the stuff they didn't buy. I actually made more money there than what I spent so that was a plus! After we left there, we headed up north toward Michael's to look for paper. Of course, Border's is right next door and they have less than a week until they close. There was a sign that said 70 - 80% off everything! So, of course I had to run in there first. I was like a kid in a candy store. Once we left there, we went over to Michael's. The hours on their door said they closed at 7:00. I looked at the time and it was 7:00. Uggggggg........ I'm used to going to St. Joe on a Friday or Saturday where all those stores stay open until 9 or 10. I was so frustrated. We ended up having to make another trip to St. Joe yesterday after John got off work. We went straight to Michael's and made no stops beforehand.

Speaking of school stuff - recently I had to make a book and find someplace that would bind it with wire binding. I went to the 2 office/printing stores here in town and neither of them did wire binding. They suggested I try the college, because they have a place there that does binding. This place was a pain in the butt to find, and I was worried they wouldn't help me since I wasn't a Northwest student. I just happened to have on my Northwest sweatshirt though. I went in and they said that they were able to do the wire binding. She asked if I lived on campus or off. I told her I lived off campus, hey I didn't lie. I was only charged $1.50 so I was excited. I got my grade for my book yesterday, which was a big midterm project, and I only got a C+ on it. I was told that my binding wasn't perfectly straight. I guess that what I get for not going to some professional place. Also, I was docked because my title page with my name on it was typed in a script font and I was told that it was too distracting. It was a cool font! I thought it was very artistic. I didn't know I was supposed to pick a boring corporate font. This teacher is like a drill sergeant or something. She barely teaches, barely answers questions, and she is a hard a**. The other day she asked me if I had turned in an assignment that she already graded!! And my teacher for my other class is foreign and doesn't seem to know what she's talking about. Uggg...

This evening, we went to the library. They were having an open house downstairs there for parents that have children with special needs. They had a lot of stuff about Autism and Asperger's - I have no doubt that that's what Dakota has. The lady there was showing us different toys and things to help with motor skills. Dakota picked something up and asked what it was. The lady said that it was a body bag. I wanted to say, "Uhhh...I don't think that my child's needs are severe enough that we need a body bag". Somehow, I don't think she would have appreciated my sense of humor.

No comments: